From Our Video Series
U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2003
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2006
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2006
Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, J.D., 2003
Indiana University Kelley School of Business, Bloomington, Indiana, B.A., 2000
I have a diverse practice representing regional banks, businesses, and non-profit entities in litigation and pre-litigation disputes. As a litigator, my first priority is to advise our clients in a manner that keeps them out of the courtroom so that they can effectively predict and manage the cost of legal services. In the event that litigation is unavoidable or is the most effective means of obtaining a recovery, I strongly believe that our results-oriented litigation team is second to none. I am confident that every client that comes to our firm will appreciate our proactive and aggressive approach in getting results they deserve.
I have been able to successfully negotiate resolution of commercial lease disputes, breach of contract claims, partnership disputes, construction defect claims, and insurance and bad-faith claims prior to the formal initiation of litigation, saving my clients both time and thousands of dollars in legal fees. Not every case can be resolved without the assistance of a jury, and I have been equally successful in obtaining hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of clients making breach of contract claims and defending clients from multi-million dollar tort claims.
As litigators, we thrive on the competition created by the adversarial nature of litigation. A jury will determine a winner and loser in the courtroom and the McBrayer team of litigators is dedicated to making sure that our clients are on the winning team.
I have been with McBrayer since 2006 after leaving the law firm of Wiedner & McAuliffe, Ltd., in Chicago, Illinois, to start a family in Louisville. After beginning my career with McBrayer in the firm’s Lexington office, I permanently moved to the Louisville office, which has since quadrupled in size.
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2003 - Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member, 2006 - Present
- Fayette County Bar Association, 2006 - Present
- Louisville Bar Association, 2010 - Present
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- The HR Deposition Demystified, KY SHRM Conference, September 24, 2014
- Are transgendered individuals a protected class in the workplace, Business First, Legal Forum, November 14, 2014
- Digging for Gold: Social Media and the Discovery Process, Louisville Bar Association, BARbriefs, June 2014
- A consumer review web-site has posted harmful and untrue comments about my business. What, if anything, can be done to remove the post?, Business First, Legal Forum, October 11, 2013
- Employee Benefits in the Wake of Windsor, Kentucky Chamber HR Update, September 2013
- Medical Devices, IDC Quarterly, Vo. 14, No. 2, Pg. 31, 2004
- NLRB: A Sole Employee Filing a Class Action Lawsuit is Protected Concerted Activity October 28, 2015
- The Big and Small Implications in Perez v. Mortgage Bankers Association April 29, 2015
- Employers – Are You Prepared for New NLRB Election Rules? April 27, 2015
- “Too Black”: Waitress’s Claim of Color Bias Raises Novel Title VII Claim February 25, 2015
- Employment at Will Comes with Many Exceptions February 24, 2015
- EEOC Sues Companies for Transgender Discrimination October 13, 2014
- “STOP”: Four Tips For Document Preservation When Facing Potential Litigation August 13, 2014
- Keeping Off-The-Clock Work On Your Radar August 11, 2014
- View More »
- Benjamin L. Riddle - Attorney Biography