Positions Available/Current Openings
TITLE: ASSISTANT LOAN PROCESSOR
LOCATION: LOUISVILLE, KY
McBrayer is seeking a full-time Assistant Loan Processor to support its real estate practice in our Louisville, KY office.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Title examination: Clearing a title exam including any liens or title issues
- Working knowledge of deeds, mortgages, judgment liens, etc.
- Preparing title commitments/title opinion letters
- Preparing title insurance policies
Job responsibilities will include:
- Ordering title orders from the title examiner
- Sending documents and info to lenders
- Coordinating closing dates/times with lenders
- Contacting realtors to obtain seller/buyer info, commissions etc.
- Complete pre-closing work
- Contacting loan companies to get mortgage payoffs
- Prepping closing documents for closings (Deed, Affidavits, Mortgages etc)
- Scanning post-closing documents
Ideal skills include technology proficiency, excellent organization and time management skills, and be process- and detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy. He/she has a high degree of professionalism and top written and spoken communication skills and can manage multiple, competing deadlines.
Candidate must have a minimum of three years of legal experience in the area of loan processing. Salary commensurate with experience and includes full benefits (medical, dental, and life insurance).
TITLE: LEGAL ASSISTANT - Healthcare Team
LOCATION: LEXINGTON, KY
McBrayer is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our Lexington office.
The role of the Legal Assistant at McBrayer is to facilitate the work of a group of attorneys, enhancing the effectiveness of those attorneys, communicating professionally with clients and other team members, and contributing to the firm’s success.
Job duties for a Legal Assistant at McBrayer include but are not limited to:
- Organize cases by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines; document actions; input information into file; confirm case status with attorney.
- Electronically file key documents meeting applicable deadlines; mail letters and pleadings.
- Communicate with people involved in the case including other attorneys, court clerks and personnel; schedule depositions; prepare and forward summonses and subpoenas; draft complaints; prepare and file discovery requests; prepare responses to opposing counsel; generate and share status reports.
- Keep clients informed on case process per the attorney.
- Maintain case costs / billables working with team and within billing software (LMS).
- Organize checks for various filing fees, vendor invoices and attorney reimbursements.
- Prepare case summaries, materials for conferences, pleadings; monitor and obtain discovery responses; organize case materials for team review.
- Prepare for trail proceedings: Organize evidence, prepare exhibits, schedule witnesses, take notes in pre-trial meetings.
- Contact state and federal agencies on an ad hoc basis for assistance and/or for information
- Administrative tasks as needed including coordinating appointments; transcription; copying documents; database maintenance; making, answering and directing phone calls; greeting clients; scheduling attorney travel arrangements; and other organizational tasks.
In this specific role, McBrayer’s Healthcare team is looking for a highly organized individual to better organize and communicate about team projects, assist with implementing the latest technology, manage individual and team scheduling, communicate with clients, and adapt documents into a consistent and professional format.
The role requires the following skills:
- Accountability / Takes Ownership
- Interpersonal and communication
- Legal administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Builds relationships internally and externally
- Organized / Strong planning
- Attention to Detail
- Ongoing interest in professional growth and process improvement
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree or equivalent certification
- 3+ years work experience as a legal assistant
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and references to:
Amber K. Knouff
201 E Main Street, Suite 900
Lexington, KY 40507
or email to email@example.com.
No calls please.