Positions Available/Current Openings
CURRENT OPENING: legal assistant
Location: lexington, KY
McBrayer is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant in our Lexington office.
The role of the Legal Assistant at McBrayer is to facilitate the work of a group of attorneys, enhancing the effectiveness of those attorneys, communicating professionally with clients and other team members, and contributing to the firm’s success.
Job duties for a Legal Assistant at McBrayer include but are not limited to:
- Organize cases by establishing and organizing files; monitor calendars; meet deadlines; document actions; input information into file; confirm case status with attorney.
- Electronically file key documents meeting applicable deadlines; mail letters and pleadings.
- Communicate with people involved in the case including other attorneys, court clerks and personnel; schedule depositions; prepare and forward summonses and subpoenas; draft complaints; prepare and file discovery requests; prepare responses to opposing counsel; generate and share status reports.
- Keep clients informed on case process per the attorney.
- Maintain case costs / billables working with team and within billing software (LMS).
- Organize checks for various filing fees, vendor invoices and attorney reimbursements.
- Prepare case summaries, materials for conferences, pleadings; monitor and obtain discovery responses; organize case materials for team review.
- Prepare for trial proceedings: Organize evidence, prepare exhibits, schedule witnesses, take notes in pre-trial meetings.
- Contact state and federal agencies on an ad hoc basis for assistance and/or for information
- Administrative tasks as needed including coordinating appointments; transcription; copying documents; database maintenance; making, answering and directing phone calls; greeting clients; scheduling attorney travel arrangements; and other organizational tasks.
The role requires the following skills: accountability / takes ownership, reporting, research, interpersonal and communication, legal administration, familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, relationship building internally and externally, organized / strong planning, efficient, strong attention to detail, confidentiality, dependability, professionalism, ongoing interest in professional growth and process improvement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate degree or equivalent certification
- 3+ years work experience as a legal assistant
- Ability to type accurately at 70+ words per minute
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and references to:
201 E Main Street, Suite 900
Lexington, KY 40507
No calls please.
CURRENT OPENING: Civil Litigation Attorney
Location: Louisville, KY
McBrayer seeks a civil litigation attorney with at least 1-3 years of practice experience to join our Louisville office. The ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form is mandatory. Candidates must be licensed in both Kentucky and Indiana. Candidates also should possess a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills. Salary commensurate with experience.
Our firm is devoted to hiring the most experienced and well-qualified lawyers. We offer a diverse legal practice, a rewarding work environment and dedication to outstanding client service. We seek individuals driven by the same goals and values of our firm and those willing to make a meaningful contribution to the firm, our clients and the community. If you're interested in joining the team of one of the most respected law firms in Kentucky, please send your resume including references to Robert Watson.
Robert T. Watson
McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland PLLC
9300 Shelbyville Road, Suite 110
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Title: Assistant Loan Processor
LOCATION: LOUISVILLE, KY
McBrayer is seeking an Assistant Loan Processor for full or part-time work supporting its real estate practice in our Louisville, KY office.
Experience in the following areas is preferred but not required:
- Title examination: Clearing a title exam including any liens or title issues
- Working knowledge of deeds, mortgages, judgment liens, etc.
- Preparing title commitments/title opinion letters
- Preparing title insurance policies
Job responsibilities will include:
- Ordering title orders from the title examiner
- Sending documents and info to lenders
- Coordinating closing dates/times with lenders
- Contacting realtors to obtain seller/buyer info, commissions etc.
- Complete pre-closing work
- Contacting loan companies to get mortgage payoffs
- Prepping closing documents for closings (Deed, Affidavits, Mortgages etc)
- Scanning post-closing documents
Ideal skills include technology proficiency, excellent organization and time management skills, and be process- and detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy. He/she has a high degree of professionalism and top written and spoken communication skills and can manage multiple, competing deadlines.
Candidate must have three years of experience in a dynamic office environment processing complex information. Salary commensurate with experience. Full time employees receive full benefits (medical, dental, and life insurance).