Areas Of Concentration
Kentucky Employee Contract Lawyers
From the daily legal matters that face all employers to the one-of-a-kind challenges that need to be resolved immediately, the law firm of McBrayer provides comprehensive employment law services. Our attorneys' in-depth knowledge of this area of the law has benefited employers ranging in size from small, family-owned businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Our clients turn to us, and keep turning to us, because we are committed to meeting their needs.
Meeting The Needs Of Employers
Our law firm handles all of the legal issues employers face. Some of the services we commonly provide are:
Human Resources Training Services
Our lawyers conduct regular seminars on hot topics in the area of human resources and employment policy and procedure. We conduct seminars to educate clients on changes in the law that will impact them. These seminars are often conducted in our office. We are also available to do on-site seminars, not only for employers and their human resources departments, but for entire staffs, depending on the topic.
The Power Of Proactive Measures
Employment litigation is costly and time-consuming. Our goal is to work with our clients to assess and eliminate litigation risk. By putting our experience and our knowledge of this frequently changing area of the law to work, we are able to help our clients avoid disputes and, more importantly, create strong and lasting relationships with their employees. This is as important for locally owned restaurants and their chefs and wait staff as it is for large health care businesses and their doctors and CEOs.
Take The First Step To Success
For advice on protecting your business and its relationship with employees, call the experienced legal team at McBrayer or contact the firm online. With offices in Lexington, Louisville, Frankfort, Greenup and Ashland, we serve clients throughout Kentucky and the United States.
News & Insights
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- January 4, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- WEBINAR Workplace Harassment: Protect your Employees and your Business in the Era of #MeToo - ADVERTISING MATERIAL04/17/2018
- Louisville, Kentucky, January 29, 2018
- Legal Remedies for HR Headaches: Attorney Cindy Effinger speaks at Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management (KySHRM) Annual Conference 2017Employment Law for EmployersAugust 29, 2017
- 28th Annual HR UpdateTHE EEOCLouisville, Kentucky, May 24-25, 2016
- Same-sex Marriage, EEOC Interpretations of Title VII and other LGBT Issues in EmploymentLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- Mental Health Issues in the Workplace: Don't Let Them Drive You CrazyLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- Harassment and Discrimination UpdateLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- The Expanding NLRA: Recent Holdings and Guidance from the NLRBLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- Mental Health Issues in the Workplace, and Possible Effects of Expanded Insurance Coverage for Mental Health TreatmentLouisville, KY, September 23, 2015
- 27th Annual Kentucky HR UpdateLexington, KY, May 26, 2015
- 27th Annual Kentucky HR UpdateLouisville, KY, May 12, 2015
- Business First of Louisville , February 26, 2016
- HRKentucky.com Newsletter, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, July 10, 2015
- Are transgendered individuals a protected class in the workplace, Business First, Legal Forum, November 14, 2014
- Can a franchisor be liable for a franchisee's employee-related decisions?, Business First, Legal Forum, October 10, 2014
- Five Reasons to Consult an Attorney for Your Small Business April 14, 2017
- Title VII Protections for Transgender Status: Sixth Circuit Affirms, but the Future is Unclear September 25, 2018
- Five things for HR Professionals to Double-Check Yesterday (Or as Soon as Possible) September 5, 2018
- #MeToo in Public Employment: Sexual Harassment and the new Accountability August 20, 2018
- A Felony Conviction is No Longer a Bar to Employment Licensing in Kentucky June 26, 2018
- EEOC Litigation Trends: Employers, Pay Attention May 31, 2018
- FMLA Retaliation in a Cat's Paw May 10, 2018
- Wage and Hour Violations – Hope for Employers October 12, 2017
- ALERT - Federal Judge Invalidates Overtime Rule October 3, 2017
- View More »
- A New Day for Healthcare in Kentucky June 14, 2017
- Kentucky Continues to Modernize Alcohol Law with Passage of HB 100 and HB 183 April 28, 2017
- Lexington Approves Minimum Wage Ordinance November 19, 2015
- Brandon K. Johnson - Attorney Biography
- Cynthia L. Effinger - Attorney Biography
- Stephen G. Amato - Attorney Biography
- Our Clients - ARGI
- Luke A. Wingfield - Attorney Biography
- Jaron P. Blandford - Attorney Biography
- Webinar - The Employee Mandate and You: How the ACA Will Affect Your Business in 2016
- Jason R. Hollon - Attorney Biography
- Kathryn A. Eckert - Attorney Biography
- Employment Law - Keep Your Terminations from Being Terminal
- James E. McKiernan, III - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
With offices throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky, McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland, PLLC, has been the region's preeminent law firm for Employment Law for the past fifty years. Our attorneys work with employers of all types and sizes to reduce the risk of litigation. To that end, we handle all matters that touch on the employment relationship, including development of hiring and firing policies and practices, including severance agreements and unemployment insurance benefits; creation of employee policy manuals; drafting and enforcement of non-compete agreements; non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements; guidance on human resources issues; drafting of executive and employee contracts and compensation packages; and employee training regarding discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
During our representation, we make an effort to understand our clients' businesses in order to better meet their legal needs. This becomes important when our clients are involved in litigation. Our team of lawyers has vast experience and success in litigating harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims, non-compete agreements and a variety of other issues that relate to the employment relationship in both federal and state courts as well as in the arbitration arena. We will assist our clients in aggressively defending frivolous claims and by compromise or resolution of others. In any litigation case, we work with our clients as a partner to meet their expectations and reduce their risks.
Who do we serve? Our attorneys represent clients involved in every industry whether it be a small family owned business or a business on the Fortune 500 list. Our clients operate within many fields, including: health care, hospitality financial services, education, commercial real estate, manufacturing, physical therapy, retail establishments, agriculture, telecommunications, and construction. The common thread amongst all of them is employment relationships. Our experience in this area is unparalleled. Whether you have five employees or five hundred, our lawyers can address the full spectrum of your employment law questions and needs.