Click here for the latest trends, updates and insight on our blog page.
In 30-plus years of facilitating commercial and residential development, the real estate attorneys of McBrayer, have handled every type of project. They know the key players and the process. They know the pitfalls and the solutions. They know the difference between legal efficiency and legal shortcuts.
Our firm provides comprehensive counsel and representation to real estate developers, construction firms, colleges, businesses, nonprofit entities and other stakeholders. We have shepherded hundreds of development projects throughout Kentucky and beyond, including complex, multimillion-dollar properties.
Commercial and Residential Development
Clients come to us because of our reputation for making deals, getting approvals and following through all the way to completion. We tailor our services to meet clients' goals, not vice versa. Our large staff of lawyers can capably address all facets of real estate development:
- Negotiation of land acquisition
- Title examinations and due diligence
- Environmental compliance
- Site plans and infrastructure planning
- Tax increment financing for rehabilitated properties
- Planning and zoning approvals
- Construction contracts
- Real estate financing
- Formation of ownership entities
- Land contracts and leases
Our projects have covered a wide spectrum: restaurants, supermarkets, retail properties and shopping centers, apartment buildings, condominiums, hotels, student housing, affordable housing, residential subdivisions, office buildings and medical complexes.
Experience that Matters
We have cultivated relationships with banks and private equity lenders, building contractors, design professionals and elected officials at the local, state and federal levels. We regularly partner with national companies that need our credibility and connections to win approval from local government bodies.
We get results because of our size and diversity. For example, when the developers of an apartment complex wanted an on-site eatery with alcoholic beverages, we had the legal ability in-house to obtain a liquor license and other regulatory approvals. Our clients rarely have to go outside the McBrayer firm to attain their goals.
Take the First Step to Success
To discuss a project with our Kentucky real estate development attorneys, contact us online. With offices in Lexington, Louisville, Frankfort, Greenup, Ashland, and in Washington, D.C., we serve clients throughout Kentucky and surrounding states.
News & Insights
- WKYT.com, August 24, 2018
- Charge-offs on Consumer Debts: The Kentucky Supreme Court Causes Shaky Ground to Collect Prejudgment Interest May 3, 2017
- Kentucky Legislature Tweaks "Full Name" Requirement on Deeds Yet Again June 27, 2018
- I Love It When a Comprehensive Plan Comes Together March 1, 2018
- Net Lease vs. Gross Lease: Which is right for me? November 1, 2017
- Easements Made Easy: The Basics of Easements on Real Property June 6, 2017
- A Supreme Court Denial Creates an Uncertain Foundation for Affordable Housing Attempts May 13, 2016
- A Primer on “Safe by Design” Land Use Planning April 14, 2016
- New 2016 ALTA/NSPS Survey Standards Now In Effect March 31, 2016
- Regulatory Takings Cases and the Relevant Parcel: Murr v. Wisconsin March 10, 2016
- Video Blog - Zone Change and Conditional Use Permit Applications: Initial Considerations and Case Study
- James H. Frazier, III - Attorney Biography
- W. Brent Rice - Attorney Biography
- Robert E. Maclin, III - Attorney Biography
- Emily H. Cowles - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
At McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland, PLLC, our real estate and development team works with local and regional real estate developers, owners and managers. Support is available throughout the development and entitlement process. Our experienced attorneys are prepared to handle your development deal for:
- Retail and shopping centers
- Residential developments, including low-income and multi-family housing developments
- Multi-use developments
- Office buildings
- Business and industrial parks
- Specialty properties such as hotels and entertainment parks
We also serve national student housing developers in the acquisition and development of real estate projects in Lexington, Louisville, and other states. McBrayer goes the extra step to make your plan a reality.