Click here for the latest trends, updates and insight on our blog page.
Negotiating Agreements for HealthCare Transactions
Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
McBrayer assists clients in all aspects of health care-related transactions. We draft and review purchase agreements, negotiate joint ventures, and provide advice concerning business organization, structure and other matters. Our clients include hospitals, clinics, physician groups, home health care providers and other medical organizations.
System and Provider Integration
Our attorneys help clients to structure, negotiate and document hospital system – physician practice integrations. We understand the many complex and interrelated business, licensing and regulatory aspects of those transactions. For example, system integrations often involve sophisticated business and corporate law issues, tax law considerations, and employment law and real estate law concerns. Because we are a full-service law firm, we can provide sophisticated counsel to support clients' needs for transactions ranging from simple collaborations to complex, systemwide integrations.
Employment Contracts for Medical Professionals
Our attorneys assist parties to draft and negotiate employment agreements for physicians, medical directors and other key persons and have the resources to address the unique issues involved in those complex employment arrangements, including bonus structures, call coverage, input into hiring and firing of personnel, and more.
Healthcare Law Compliance
Healthcare transactions are subject to industry-specific regulations covering fraud and abuse, payer notification and patient record custody. Our law firm provides a complete range of services to help clients meet their regulatory compliance obligations. Our attorneys offer guidance tailored to promote client goals without unnecessary compliance risk.
Take the First Step to Success
For more information about our services and how our lawyers can help you navigate the challenges facing health care providers and industry participants, please contact us today.
- New Stark Law Exception Breathes Life into Primary Care, Especially in Underserved Areas April 5, 2016
- Up, Up and Away: Penalties and CMPs to be Adjusted for Inflation November 20, 2015
- Tidbits and Takeaways from OIG’s 2016 Work Plan November 17, 2015
- KBML Issues Guidance to Help Physicians Get the Most out of MOST November 10, 2015
- OIG Alert Shows Increased Concern over Data Blocking October 27, 2015
- OIG Targets Questionable Billing Practices for Ambulance Services October 20, 2015
- Primary Care Providers – Are you feeling the pinch? October 6, 2015
- RHCs and FQHCs – It’s time to take a second look at Alternate Payment Methodology September 29, 2015
- View More »
- Sarah E. Hines - Attorney Biography
- Lisa English Hinkle - Attorney Biography
- Christopher J. Shaughnessy - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
Because we are a full-service law firm, we can handle all aspects of even the most complicated transactions including corporate and tax ramifications when negotiating the right deal. Our sophisticated team is here to assist:
We have handled a significant amount of clinical integration and understand the complexity of transactional issues for health care businesses. We can provide counsel regarding mergers and acquisitions, employee contracts, asset sale and purchases, certificate of need, and license transfers.