Areas Of Concentration
For any professional, a malpractice or professional liability claim can take an immeasurable toll on your career and personal life. When your licensure status is called into question by a board proceeding or even a lawsuit, the professional and personal stakes do not get higher - your very livelihood is at risk.
All professional organizations must uphold the standards that define the practice. So when allegations of professional misconduct arise, practitioners must be vigilant in the protection of their credibility. Even the accusation of malpractice can be damaging to the reputation of your practice. At that point, it’s time to turn to legal counsel that can guide you through the process, working to minimize the risk of sanctions and fighting to protect your ability to practice your chosen profession.
At McBrayer, we understand the unique challenges faced by our clients as well as the importance of timely and cost-effective resolutions. Our attorneys draw on their vast experience and diverse backgrounds to provide unrivaled solutions to clients, with no legal matter too big or small.
While our focus is traditionally specialized professional liability defense, we have broad expertise in all facets of law including employment disputes, professional licensure issues, legal malpractice defense, governmental liability, product liability and mass tort litigation, nursing home defense, and premises liability. With a significant focus on medical malpractice defense, we are dedicated to assisting healthcare providers, and have worked with clients from the private sector to the largest governmental hospitals in the Commonwealth. Expanding well beyond defending malpractice actions, we additionally advise healthcare providers on risk management procedures, employment disputes and licensing matters.
We aggressively pursue the best outcomes for our clients and understand that the ever-evolving legal climate challenges us to develop creative solutions for our clients. Our attorneys are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence by staying abreast of the most up-to-date legal trends at national, state, and local levels. Our broad experience and ability defending our clients is evidenced by our trial success and our attorneys’ national recognition for quality of advocacy. We pride ourselves on personal relationships with our clients as we work to deliver superior results.
DEFENDING THE RIGHTS OF LICENSED PROFESSIONALS
At McBrayer, we focus on defending healthcare providers, attorneys and countless other professionals against malpractice claims at the state and federal level. We also represent architects and other design professionals in construction law cases. When your career and your reputation are on the line, choose a firm with experienced attorneys who can provide unrivaled solutions with the infrastructure of a large firm supporting the personalized service that our clients have come to expect.
Our attorneys provide professional defense assistance to professionals in several fields:
- Medical Malpractice
- Hospital Negligence Defense
- Healthcare Professional Licensure Defense
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Other Professional Liability Defense
News & Insights
- Attorneys from McBrayer law offices in Lexington and Louisville achieved a 2018 listing in U.S. News Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 15, 2017
- With Great Power, Comes Great Liability? July 5, 2018
- A New Day for Healthcare in Kentucky June 14, 2017
- A PSA Regarding the PSA: Patient Safety Work Product and Privilege October 24, 2017
- EHR-Related Claims on the Rise for Healthcare Providers October 20, 2017
- Kyle M. Virgin - Attorney Biography
- Kathryn A. Eckert - Attorney Biography
- William J. George - Attorney Biography
- Chad Thompson - Attorney Biography
- Amber K. Knouff - Attorney Biography
- Calvin R. Fulkerson - Attorney Biography