Owners, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers and others involved in construction projects rely on good contracts to manage risk and protect their interests. At McBrayer our broad experience in contract law coupled with our knowledge of the construction industry gives our clients a competitive advantage. Serving clients in Kentucky and throughout the United States, our attorneys handle all facets of contract negotiation, preparation, review and enforcement.
The following are examples of some of the types of contracts our lawyers develop:
- Master contracts for use in several projects
- Modifications to industry standard contracts such as AIA (The American Institute of Architects), AGC (Associated General Contractors of America) and DBIA (The Design-Build Institute of America)
- Subcontractor agreements
- Contracts for complex or unique projects
- Real estate development agreements
- Easement agreements
- Joint bid agreements
- Construction management agreements
- Lump sum, cost-plus fee, guaranteed maximum price and design-bid-build contracts
After our attorneys assist in the negotiation and drafting of a contract, clients often keep us involved for advice on issues of performance and contractual compliance. Our depth of experience helps us head off problems before they arise. Our litigation skills allow us to resolve any disputes that cannot be resolved through negotiation.
Full-Service Contract Preparation and Review Services
To discuss how our law firm can assist you in contract preparation or review contact our law firm online. We have offices in Lexington, Louisville, Frankfort and Greenup, Kentucky, and Washington, D.C.
- Brendan R. Yates - Attorney Biography
- Jon A. Woodall - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
Clients involved in construction projects seek out the attorneys of McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland, PLLC, for effective advice and counsel. Serving clients in Kentucky and throughout the United States, we handle all facets of construction law. We work hard to meet the needs of owners, general contractors, and sub-contractors.
Our firm is equipped to handle every stage of a construction project, from procurement to development to dispute resolution. We know the participants, we know the trends and we know the construction business. Our depth of experience helps us prevent problems from arising and it allows us to resolve those problems that become unavoidable.