Click here for the latest trends, updates and insight on our blog page.
Helping Employers Navigate the Employee Benefits Maze
Providing good benefits to your employees can enable you to recruit and retain a productive workforce. But the employee loyalty that your benefits plan inspires comes at a price. Your employee benefit plan affects your bottom line in a significant way, and compliance with federal and state employee benefit laws adds additional costs.
At McBrayer we provide Kentucky employers with cost-effective services to minimize the cost of administering employee benefit plans, helping them comply with the law and avoid potentially costly litigation. With their extensive experience in this area and their comprehensive knowledge of employment benefits law, our attorneys have the advisory and advocacy skills that growing Kentucky businesses need.
McBrayer provides advice, services and representation in all aspects of employee benefits law, including:
- Health care benefits
- Wellness programs
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- 401(k) and defined benefit plans
- Employee stock ownership plans
- HIPAA compliance
- COBRA notices
- Risk management and ERISA litigation
- Other employee benefit matters
Lexington Employee Benefits Attorneys serving Companies throughout Kentucky
Employee benefits law is a complex field. With the advent of Obamacare, it's getting even more complicated. Without guidance, CEOs and human resource professionals risk mistakes that could lead to costly litigation. Our attorneys can keep you abreast of developments in this rapidly changing field and advise you regarding steps you must take to comply with the law. Our goal is to help our clients avoid problems and litigation, and administer their employee benefit plans in a way that engenders a productive and loyal workforce.
Contact a Louisville Employment Law Firm
To discuss your employment law needs with an experienced employment lawyer, contact McBrayer.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 28th Annual HR UpdateTHE EEOCLouisville, Kentucky, May 24-25, 2016
- Mental Health Issues in the Workplace: Don't Let Them Drive You CrazyLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- Same-sex Marriage, EEOC Interpretations of Title VII and other LGBT Issues in EmploymentLexington, KY, November 5, 2015
- Mental Health Issues in the Workplace, and Possible Effects of Expanded Insurance Coverage for Mental Health TreatmentLouisville, KY, September 23, 2015
- 27th Annual Kentucky HR UpdateLexington, KY, May 26, 2015
- 27th Annual Kentucky HR UpdateLouisville, KY, May 12, 2015
- Business First of Louisville , February 26, 2016
- Overtime Law Update – One Rule Stalled, One Law Gaining Momentum May 9, 2017
- EEOC Not Feeling So Well After Loss over Wellness Program April 6, 2016
- Federal Contractors: Proposed Sick Leave Regulations May Leave You Feeling Sick March 9, 2016
- Another Facebook Case, Another Lesson Learned, cont. May 2, 2013
- Another Facebook Case, Another Lesson Learned April 29, 2013
- Employee Manuals – Updating is the Best Defense continued….. September 7, 2012
- Employee Manuals – Updating is the Best Defense September 5, 2012
- Webinar - The Employee Mandate and You: How the ACA Will Affect Your Business in 2016
- Cynthia L. Effinger - Attorney Biography
- Jaron P. Blandford - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
With offices throughout the Commonwealth of Kentucky, McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie & Kirkland, PLLC, has been the region's preeminent law firm for Employment Law for the past fifty years. Our attorneys work with employers of all types and sizes to reduce the risk of litigation. To that end, we handle all matters that touch on the employment relationship, including development of hiring and firing policies and practices, including severance agreements and unemployment insurance benefits; creation of employee policy manuals; drafting and enforcement of non-compete agreements; non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements; guidance on human resources issues; drafting of executive and employee contracts and compensation packages; and employee training regarding discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
During our representation, we make an effort to understand our clients' businesses in order to better meet their legal needs. This becomes important when our clients are involved in litigation. Our team of lawyers has vast experience and success in litigating harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims, non-compete agreements and a variety of other issues that relate to the employment relationship in both federal and state courts as well as in the arbitration arena. We will assist our clients in aggressively defending frivolous claims and by compromise or resolution of others. In any litigation case, we work with our clients as a partner to meet their expectations and reduce their risks.
Who do we serve? Our attorneys represent clients involved in every industry whether it be a small family owned business or a business on the Fortune 500 list. Our clients operate within many fields, including: health care, hospitality financial services, education, commercial real estate, manufacturing, physical therapy, retail establishments, agriculture, telecommunications, and construction. The common thread amongst all of them is employment relationships. Our experience in this area is unparalleled. Whether you have five employees or five hundred, our lawyers can address the full spectrum of your employment law questions and needs.