Areas Of Concentration
Click here for the latest trends, updates and insight on our blog page.
Resolving Complex Disputes in Lexington, Louisville and Across the State
Serving clients across Kentucky, the business and commercial litigation team at McBrayer provides experienced, reliable representation to a broad range of corporate and private clients. We have the proven ability to meet the demanding and sophisticated needs of publicly traded companies, privately held mid-market entities and small businesses.
Our team of litigators routinely practices in state and federal trial and appeals courts throughout Kentucky. Our reputation for professionalism, preparedness and skill in the courtroom is second to none. Our team also represents its business clients before both state and federal regulatory agencies and in arbitration and mediation.
Handling a Wide Range of Business Disputes
Our attorneys prosecute and defend claims for business and commercial clients in a broad range of areas, such as:
Insurance coverage: Including bad faith litigation, automobile coverage, civil rights liability, property and casualty coverage, and much more
Real estate litigation: Foreclosure defense, construction defects, landlord-tenant disputes
Business torts: Including tortious interference with contract, unfair or deceptive trade practices, misrepresentation, theft of trade secrets
Lender liability: Defending lenders against allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary relationship, breach of covenants of good faith and fair dealing, violations of state and federal lending regulations
Contract disputes: Contract litigation in all contexts, from ERISA litigation to purchase agreements to breaches of intellectual property license agreements
Securities and partnership disputes: Shareholder oppression, securities law violations, business dissolution, non-compete litigation
Construction litigation: Boundary disputes, defense against personal injury lawsuits, defect litigation, warranty litigation
Commercial lease disputes
- Product liability litigation: Defense of businesses against allegations of defective product design, manufacture or warning
Zoning and land use litigation: Eminent domain, variances and more
With deep experience in and knowledge of the legal and business environment in Kentucky, our lawyers offer a record of proven results and the benefits of concrete experience. We understand the needs of our clients and build highly targeted legal solutions designed to efficiently and effectively resolve their cases.
Take The First Step To Success
When your business is in need of intelligent, strategic representation in a commercial dispute of any kind, rely on our firm to meet your needs. To discuss your case with our experienced lawyers, contact us online. With offices in Lexington, Louisville, Frankfort and Greenup, we are equipped to handle litigation issues across the state.
News & Insights
- July 3, 2017
- January 4, 2017
- July 12, 2013
- December 1, 2010
- September 22, 2010
- Rule 30(b)(6) in Depositions and at Trial May 25, 2017
- Laws Every Small Business Owner Needs to Know April 26, 2017
- Supreme Court Upholds Strict Diversity of Citizenship of Non-Corporate Entities for Diversity Jurisdiction April 25, 2016
- McBrayer Interview: Hank Phillips, President/CEO of the Kentucky Travel Industry Association May 3, 2017
- Kentucky Continues to Modernize Alcohol Law with Passage of HB 100 and HB 183 April 28, 2017
- John Michael Carter - Attorney Biography
- Jason R. Hollon - Attorney Biography
- Katherine K. Yunker - Attorney Biography
- Cynthia L. Effinger - Attorney Biography
- David J. Guarnieri - Attorney Biography
- Luke Morgan - Attorney Biography
- Preston Clark Worley - Attorney Biography
- Robert E. Maclin, III - Attorney Biography
- Robert T. Watson - Attorney Biography
- Stephen G. Amato - Attorney Biography
- Jon A. Woodall - Attorney Biography
- Douglas T. Logsdon - Attorney Biography
- Angela C. Evans - Attorney Biography
- Jaron P. Blandford - Attorney Biography
- Brendan R. Yates - Attorney Biography
Who We Serve
The commercial and business litigation team at McBrayer, McGinnis, Leslie and Kirkland, PLLC, provides experienced, reliable representation to local, statewide, and national businesses. Our attorneys defend and prosecute claims for business and commercial clients ranging in size from individual proprietors to publicly and closely held corporations. We represent officers, directors and shareholders, partnerships and partners, mid-market entities, and individuals in family-owned businesses. We have the know-how, skill, and preparedness to meet whatever your business and commercial needs may be.
Our team of litigators routinely practices in state and federal trial and appeals courts throughout Kentucky. We are proud to serve the interests of companies who are headquartered in our Commonwealth. We also provide excellent legal defense and expertise to companies headquartered outside of the state doing business within the Commonwealth. You can rest assured knowing our reputation in the courtroom is second to none.